Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On my knees... please?

The games #2 WOD posted.  Ug.  

9- 100# deadlifts
12 - ‘proper’ push ups
15 - box jumps
What a fucking joke.  I have a 300# deadlift but I can’t muster three ‘proper’ push ups.  I’m going to claim it’s because I have a torn rotator cuff.  But... let’s be honest.  I’m a fucking slacker and I’ve managed to pussy myself through them for the past year on my knees.  Now that I’m being forced to be a big girl I may have some problems.  So... count me in for 11 total reps!!  I’m guessing I can manage about two full plank push ups.  That gives me about 14 minutes of ‘what the fuck’ time before the clock runs out.  I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.
Ironically... I got sick today.  I think it’s the psychosomatic response to “Oh, shit... I can’t do push ups.”  I spent my day in bed - doing what I do best, a lot of nothing with a smattering of whining.  That leads me into another bad habit I have when I’m sick.... eating.  Not just snacking but full fledged... strap on the feed bag... no calorie left behind eating.  I’ve convinced myself that a high carb, high sugar intake is like a good dose of vitamin C - really good for you.  I’ve also come to realize that somewhere in my mind calories don’t count when no one witnesses you consuming them.  Anyone else experience this phenomenon?   In some of my worst psycho bingeing phases I have been known to put candy wrappers in the shredder so no one would find out, therefore calorie-less!  In attempts to control my bingeing I have thrown away perfectly good food..... only to dig through the trash to get it back out.  In response to this psycho (and mildly disgusting) behavior I now have to sabotage the food with a cleaning product, preferably Windex (the pump spray feature is necessary for a streak free coating).  Another method I have is the “Hey Honey... can you please take this from me and HIDE IT!”  Corin (a little intimidated) removes the bag of shit food (tonight was chocolate covered acai berries) and hides it.  Within an hour I’m searching the house and subsequently yelling at him because I can’t find it.  (If I do find it and eat it... I’m upset with him for not hiding it well enough).  What that poor man goes through!  I know that many of you just nodded your head in agreement.  Watch yourselves...
Words can’t relay the severity of this ‘syndrome’ when it coincides with PMS!  Shit.. that’s a whole other blog.  ;0)  I’m off to bed... after a quick snack.

4 comments:

  1. You're on a roll, very funny baby! I'll always hide chocolate from you whenever you want...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard from several people that they aren't able to leave comments. My advice... try harder! ;0)
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, leaving a comment! The Games push-ups are quite different than regular push-ups. Maybe you'll find them more do-able. At least you get to lie down in between each rep.

    I was going to do this workout yesterday but I slacked. Perhaps slacking is contagious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a true SLACKER!!! Or should I say Sand Bagger!!! 5+ rounds of perfect pushups, no more knees for you biatch!!! NICE JOB BABY!

    ReplyDelete